I really must make it a point to write down/save the recipe as I go along.
I still have some red bean paste left from a while ago so I figured I'd try my hand at making mochi since I've been craving it for a while. This mochi wasn't sweet enough for me though the red bean was pretty tasty.
Again, this recipe came from Aeri's Kitchen.
She suggested Sweet Rice Flour but I bought Glutinous rice flour. Not sure if it would have been better with just plain Rice Flour instead but I guess I'll never know unless I keep making it!
It worked anyhow and I had fun playing with the mochi, sticky & all!
You could fill it with peanut paste, green tea paste, or even black sesame paste if you so desire.
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup red bean paste
- Corn starch
- In a microwavable bowl, mix flour, salt & sugar
- Add in the water and stir until all lumps are gone
- Cover lightly in cling wrap & microwave on medium for about 3 minutes
- The dough looks a bit translucent and gluey when done
- Stir the dough with a fork for a good few minutes until it is cool enough to handle
- Divide the red bean paste into 3/4" balls and set aside
- Cover a clean surface/board with corn starch and turn out the dough onto the area
- Coat hands with corn starch before handling the sticky dough
- Using a knife, cut the dough into 12 equal pieces
- Flatten a piece of dough into a disc and place a ball of red bean paste into the middle
- Wrap the paste with the dough and pinch close
- Cover with more corn starch if necessary and set aside in a clean container or plate
- Continue until all completed
- Sink your teeth into the soft, chewy mochi and enjoy!
Blueberry Coffee Cake I made recently. Can't find the recipe! Boohoo! )):