Thursday 3 November 2011

Lime & Pistachio Cupcakes

I've had 2 days off work and managed to bake a couple of things. Chose to write about these cupcakes.
Honestly, I'd love to bake more. But more baking means more money and who on earth wants to eat so much? I know quite a few people wouldn't mind being given baked goods on a regular and frequent basis. But I just cannot get my head around the financial implications of baking like that. I don't mind baking for specific and special occasions.
Argh. I'm torn between what I'd love to do and what reality is slamming in my face.

Anyway, enough ranting. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients for cake (makes 16)
  1. 3 eggs
  2. 1 cup softened butter
  3. 1 cup caster sugar
  4. 1/2 cup milk
  5. 2 cups self-raising flour
  6. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  7. 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
  8. Juice of 1/2 a lime
  9. Zest of 1 lime
Ingredients for topping
  1. 3/4 cup icing sugar
  2. 3/4 cup butter at room temperature
  3. Zest of 1 lime
  4. 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
Method
  1. Lightly beat eggs & butter in a mixing bowl until smooth
  2. Add sugar and beat until fluffy
  3. Add milk, flour & vanilla and stir until creamy and well incorporated
  4. Add the nuts, juice and zest until well incorporated
  5. Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees C. and line cupcake tins with cupcake papers
  6. Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake papers
  7. Bake for about 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch
  8. Transfer cupcakes from tin to wire rack immediately and leave to cool fully before icing
  9. Meanwhile, combine the icing sugar and butter and beat until light and fluffy
  10. Add the zest & nuts to mixture
  11. Chill the icing until ready to ice cakes


Enjoy! (:

Amy.

No comments: