I'm spacing out my posts now because soon enough I'll be cutting down on my baking.
Originally I aimed to produce 2 things from the oven a week. Alas, it is putting a strain on my pocket, waist line, and seems to be too much on top of my other commitments.
Maybe I'll venture in posting about food/baking related topics instead of purely my baking adventures. I did promise you a post on the varieties of flours available; and I will deliver.
I'm a softie for weddings. I get hooked on Wedding Gawker and am constantly envious of those that have the opportunity to produce wedding cakes. It was from this wedding cake website that I found the recipe.
I hardly tweaked it and thus made way too many carrot cupcakes; 36 in total! :/ My attempt at icing failed again and I am bent on the idea that I really must attend classes in order to make icing. Sigh. What a failure.
Anyway, enough rambling. Here's the really delicious recipe:
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs double acting baking powder
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp golden syrup (optional)
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 1 1/3 cups of cooked and pureed carrots (about 4 carrots will do)
- 3/4 cups of crushed and drained fresh pineapple
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl
- Add the oil, eggs, syrup and vanilla and mix until all incorporated
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners and fill each liner 3/4 full
- Bake in a 180 degree C oven for about 15-20 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Remove cupcakes from tin and leave to cool
- Decorate as desired