Sorry for the delay again. Been quite hectic with work and other commitments.
Anyway, like I said, have great things to share with you!
Recently I celebrated my 23rd birthday with my twin sister, Becca. Yes, I have a twin. We're hardly alike but I feel that we've grown closer with age. (: One bonus of growing older.
She requested for a chocolate cake for our birthday but I wanted something fruity. I tried to combine both but the chocolate overpowered the fruit in this recipe. Ho-hum. I enjoyed it no less. The cake was real light and spongy but hadn't lost any richness in the chocolate one bit! Thoroughly enjoyable. (:
We celebrated with a concert at the Singapore Botanical Gardens followed by dinner at Botak Jone's Backyard.
So here're the recipes adapted from Sweetapolita.
Dark Chocolate Chiffon Bundt Cake
Yields 1 standard bundt cake
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp double acting baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs separated and kept at room temp.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- Grease and coat the bundt tin with butter and cocoa powder
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk 1 cup of the sugar, the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and flour
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, vanilla extract, oil and water until well combined
- Using an electric mixer, mix the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined
- In a clean bowl, whisk all the egg whites until foamy
- Gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and continue to whisk until mixture is stiff, glossy and thick
- Gently fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture until all well combined
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees C.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes. It is done when a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Leave on rack to cool before removing from tin
For the frosting I used the same recipe as with my Easter Cupcakes only that I made 1/2 the quantity, omitted the vanilla bean and added about 3 tbsp of cherry jam instead. You could add pureed strawberries if you prefer. Feel free to play around with the flavour. (: