It's been quite an eventful 10+ days since my last post. I completed a set of night shifts, became an aunt! and started a week of leave. (: Liz, my older sister gave birth to a healthy baby boy of the 19th of August named Elliot. It's a wonderful name, for a wonderful boy, for wonderful parents!
On top of that I had 2 failed baking attempts: Mango Cake, Mango Cake Balls. Sigh.
These sugar-loaded cupcakes were more of a success. If you don't have a sweet tooth or you don't appreciate maple syrup, don't tackle these. Maple syrup here isn't cheap and you can't cut down on the sweetness without losing the flavour of maple syrup. ):
My family enjoyed it anyway, as did I! :D Chewy, sweet, and a definite treat.
So, from Best Bakesale Cookbook:
INGREDIENTS (makes 18)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp double acting baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 115g butter/margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mixing well after each addition, add in the wet ingredients one at a time
- Divide batter equally between 18 cupcake liners in a cupcake tin
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree C oven for about 25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean
- When done, removed cupcake from tin and leave to cool
- Ice/decorate cake as desired
For my icing I added maple syrup to taste to some left over Vanilla Pillsbury Frosting. I sprinkled some yellow and red sugar on the top since those colours remind me of maple leaves! (:
Baby Elliot. <3Love,