Figured that before I go upstairs to play with Elliot and bake to my heart's content, I'd better settle down and write a post first. Oh the bliss of a day off with nothing fixed! :D
So, if you remember from my last post about Elliot's 1st Month, there was this rather odd cupcake...
a Graham Cupcake adapted from Ming Makes Cupcakes. No, nothing fancy like being created by Graham Elliot. It is a humble cupcake made with Graham crackers. In my case, it was made with McVities Digestive biscuits. Same same.
You think that the flavour of the digestives would fade in the cupcake or the cupcake would be somewhat heavy with all that biscuit... fret not. The flavour shone through, cupcakes were light, and went well with the lime cream cheese frosting (which I'll share in another post).
INGREDIENTS (makes about 10-12)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup graham crumbs (crush extra for decoration)
- 1 1/2 tsp double acting baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 117g butter at room temp.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs thoroughly
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl before mixing in with butter mixture
- Mix in the milk and vanilla until well incorporated
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and fill liners about 2/3 full
- Bake in a 180 degree C pre-heated oven until skewer inserted comes out clean (approx. 20 mins)
- Remove to cool and decorate if and as desired
Yay! Another recipe for keeps!
Look at that face!! :D