I'm back! With a string of recipes to share with you. (:
As I said before in my previous post, my family celebrated Elliot's 1st Month with the extended family and lots of food!
Cupcakes made an appearance of which I was terribly pleased to be part of!
Here are the list of falvours with their frostings:
- Chewy Chocolate with Oreo Frosting
- Fluffy Vanilla with Vanilla Frosting
- Blueberry with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Ginger with Vanilla Frosting
- Graham with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting
I didn't try all of them myself and some are old recipes I've posted about before.
Today I'll share the recipe for Blueberry Cupcakes. I've done cupcakes with those little blue things before but this recipe was a star! Still is!
Ming Makes Cupcakes is a wonderful site with basic to complex recipes that make one drool just looking at them! Not all recipes are feasible with certain ingredients being way too expensive. Blueberries, however, are quite affordable.
Alright! Enough babbling! The cupcakes were fluffy, rich with berries and the cream cheese frosting (featured in another post!) went so well with them.
INGREDIENTS (makes approx. 12)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp double acting baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120gm butter/margarine
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (3/4 tbsp white vinegar with 3/4 cup milk let to sit for 5mins)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries washed, dried, and tossed in plain flour
- Beat the butter, sugar and egg till smooth and fluffy
- Mix in the buttermilk and milk
- Stir in the remaining dry ingredients until all well incorporated
- Stir in the flour-covered berries
- Line a cupcake tray with liners and equally distribute the batter
- Bake cakes in a 180 degree C heated oven for about 20mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Remove from tray and leave to cool
- Frost, and decorate as desired
The Feature Wall I tried to create where photos from the past month & notes from loved ones were pegged.
A sneak peak of whats to come! (: