Whatever the case, better one than none! (:
On a brighter note, I've got crafts to share. Crafts I've started doing for fun & Christmas. Keep watching! (:
So, this recipe is easy peasy. So many times I crave a good fresh cookie without funny preservatives and stuff, and what could taste better than something you make yourself!
Stock up on homemade goodies! You'll be less likely to buy food on the way home as you walk past the petrol station, grocery store or the next convenience store on the corner. Easy on the love handles...and other jiggly bits.
From the best bakesale cookbook...
INGREDIENTS (makes 3-4 dozen)
- 250g butter at room temp.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp double acting baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Beat butter & sugar in bowl until fluffy
- Add in vanilla and eggs and mix well
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt & oats together in a separate bowl before adding to butter mixture
- Mix all ingredients well to for a paste
- Add in the chocolate and berries and mix until evenly distributed
- Line baking tray with grease-proof paper or Silpat and pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C
- Using teaspoons (heaped) or cookie dropper, drop cookie dough onto sheets with approx. 2" between cookies
- Bake in oven for about 15mins or until golden brown around the edges
- Remove from oven and leave to cool while you pop the next batch in the oven
Doilies always make things prettier! (:
Packed and ready to be shared!