Recently J and I had a date and we decided to pick up a Mission Tacos Kit. It was such a breeze to make and we throughly enjoyed it. The box was made for 4 so we went all out and made it all!
So what do they provide?
- 12 Taco Shells
- Mission Taco Seasoning (which is like BBQ sauce)
- Mission's Thick Chunky Salsa
And what do you have to provide?
- BBQ sauce
- Some hungry tummies!
The box is pretty self explanatory but I thought I'd share my experience with all of you.
Some things to consider:
- Choose an easy-to-work-with slab of beef. No bones, little fat and not too thick. Makes chopping it up a whole lot easier!
- I didn't have the small red onions available but a slightly smaller amount, & more finely chopped brown onion will do too.
- I chose to use vinaigrette instead of vinegar and it worked well. I put in just enough to moisten the salad.
- Lettuce does not have to be Butterhead but make sure it's fresh & crunchy!
- Taste your salad as you go! Maybe you prefer less/more onion? Maybe more vinegar? TASTE!
- Choose any cheese you desire whether you prefer it stronger or a little more mild.
- Do not assemble your tacos until you are about to eat them! J & I made the mistake of assembling 3 tacos at one go and some of them ended up soggy cos they'd been waiting patiently to be devoured. ): Poor things!
So have fun with your tacos! Maybe we'll do wraps the next time! ;)