Work has been pretty overwhelming but maybe more for the fact that I feel I am just going to work out of obligation and am bewildered at what to do once this job ends (I am in a bond with the hospital ending next May).
Besides that, life has been pretty cushy but just haven't found the time to get this recipe onto the screen. :/ sorry!
This biscuits were great! Like I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of plain chocolate so these biscuits speckled with crunchy nuts were just my cup of tea! :D
From the Greatest-ever Chocolate Cookbook...
INGREDIENTS (makes 36)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp double-acting baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter/margarine
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup plain semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Mix butter and sugars in bowl until smooth and creamy
- Add in egg and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together
- Add flour mixture to batter and beat well until all incorporated
- Add in the chocolate chips and half the hazelnuts and mix well
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line cookie trays with parchment paper
- Spoon teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the cookie trays allowing space to spread (approx. 5cm apart).
- Using a wet fork, gently flatten the biscuits and sprinkle the remaining nuts on top of the biscuits and press lightly into surface
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown
- Cool on wire rack before serving