Tuesday 17 July 2012

Pear-ly - Ginger Cupcakes

Hello!!
I'm so very sorry that I haven't posted. I've already got 2 recipes lined up but just couldn't find the time to sit down and hit the keyboard. hohum.

So this year we celebrated my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. Mummy arranged a surprise party for Daddy where friends and family gave thanks for and celebrated their marriage. So what is an occasion without cake?
Haha. That was my role...or so I decided.
Martha Stewart came in handy with her wedding celebrant cupcakes. I chose to do her Rose and Ginger Cupcakes. Switching the pink icing for white and the petals for sugared pearls, the look was complete! I tried to tackle glaze icing again but just couldn't deal with the mess. Betty Crocker came to the rescue and I dolloped on her Vanilla Frosting. Of course I had to give it a swirl to contain those pearls!

Anyway, here's the recipe...

INGREDIENTS (makes approx. 24 cupcakes)

  • 3/4 cup of plain flour
  • 3/4 cup cake flour
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp double acting baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter/margarine
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 3 tbsp candied ginger, chopped
METHOD
  1. In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until smooth and creamy
  2. Add the eggs and beat well
  3. Sift the flour, baking powder, ground ginger and salt in a separate bowl
  4. Mix in the flour mixture in 3 parts alternating with the milk in 2 parts
  5. When all is well mixed, add in the candied ginger
  6. Line a cupcake tin with desired cupcake liners
  7. Fill cups 2/3 full with cupcake batter and bake in a 180 degree C pre-heated oven for about 20 mins or until skewer inserted to middle of a cupcake comes out clean
  8. Remove cupcakes when done and leave to cool on wire rack
  9. Frost and decorate cupcakes as desired
 I bought plastic cupcake boxes from Phoon Huat. 10 pieces for about S$3.50.
 Thank you stickers were bought in strips from Paper Market.

 Here's a slightly larger project I took on for my room. I painted lots of photo frames to match the colour scheme of my bedspread and filled the frames with family photos. Arranging the frames on the wall was much harder than I thought but it looks so great now! (:





Here's to family!

Cheers!

Amy. (:

No comments: