Monday 30 July 2012

Wrecked - Pecan Sandies

Well, well, I'm approaching my final of 3 sets of nights. Honestly, night shift wrecks the poor body. It's like your hormones and stuff go kookoo. Sigh.
Baking usually sets things right. So I settled to try my hand hand at one of my first bakesale worthy recipes.
I walked into Times one day on the way home and just picked this book up cos I wanted something to smile about and this just got my beaming! :D
What could be more fun than baking for something greater than just our greedy tums? Baking for good causes! So I think I've got something to put down on my Christmas to-do-list. Of course, it's with Adora. Who else?! Haha.

So I can't find a definition for this type of cookie... Sandies?
Well, maybe it's the colour, maybe it's the texture. I'd rather believe it's the colour. Don't fancy sand in my mouth. Hohum.

Right, this recipe is easy peasy and anyone could do it really.

INGREDIENTS (makes approx. 30 cookies)

  • 170g butter/marg
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 eggs
  • 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tbsp water
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp double acting baking powder
  • 1 cup of coarsely chopped up pecans
METHOD
  1. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl
  2. Add egg, vanilla and water one at a time beating well after each addition
  3. Mix all remaining ingredients except nuts in a bowl and mix around
  4. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well
  5. Throw/pour in to nuts and keep stirring til it's all evenly distributed
  6. Line a cookie tray with greaseproof paper and pre-heat oven to 170 degrees C
  7. Using your hands, rolls dough into 1" balls and flatten balls to about 1/4" thick
  8. Space dough out with about 1" space in between
  9. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for about 18 mins, rotating halfway and removing when edges start to brown
  10. Cool on a wire rack and store in a airtight container... or you could just stuff your face with these cookies now! :D



Much Love,
Amy.

No comments: